Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Franken Babies

Like toys? Ever wanted to be Dr. Frankenstein mixing and matching body parts to make something new? Perhaps you have a fetish for genetically modified organisms. Celebrate by making a Franken Baby!

I first saw this concept while attending Burning Man back in 2006. I saw some kids kicking around a large "Poo Ball" which consisted of about twenty Winnie the Poo, stuffed animals sewn together into one large, Poo ball. About a year later at another burn event in Florida I saw some kids making "Franken Babies". I loved it and thought it was a cool, and slightly twisted concept. At the event I made my Cat / Dog shown in the animation below. Cat / Dog was made out of a Winnie the Poo Tigger, dog head and arm, and a nice kitty face growing outta his back. I was proud of my creation and a nice souvenir from the event.

Go down to your local Goodwill and get several stuffed animal toys, rip em apart, mix and match the parts and sew em back together again. Maybe you could make a cool, conjoined twin, two headed Beenie Baby. It's a fun little project that's really easy to do and I guarantee you will enjoy your twisted little creation.

Smile

Weeeeeeeeeee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment